Stay Safe. COVID-19 Guidelines – Protect our NHS
As Estate Agents, Statons relies on face-to-face interactions, meeting new applicants and carrying out Market Appraisals daily. We often meet with our landlords and vendors to ensure a professional relationship is made. Particularly after taking on new instructions, it is normal to meet with different applicants throughout the process and the Government has advised that these interactions can continue through this difficult time. It is therefore very important that we take appropriate measures to keep our staff, and yourselves safe.
Can I visit the Statons Offices?
- We have closed our offices to the public and ask that all visits to the office are by appointment only. Please call us to book an appointment or ask any questions that you may have. We are taking all necessary precautions to ensure any meetings are conducted in a safe manner.
- Before booking any appointment our staff members will be confirming whether the person we are meeting has travelled to a heavily infected country, or whether they have been in contact with an infected person. In these cases, we will have to ask for the appointment to be rescheduled.
Prior to any Viewing please note the following:
- Virtual viewings are available for some of our properties, should you wish to do this before making an in-person appointment.
- A member of staff will send an email to both applicant AND vendor/landlord outlining our procedures that we have put in place. These procedures have been outlined below.
- We will email any information and brochure to you to avoid sharing any physical documents.
- We request that a maximum of two people (from one household) plus ourselves are present.
- If you feel unwell or have been experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, please contact us so that we can rearrange the viewing for when you are feeling better.
- We will not be able to provide transport for you to or from the viewing.
During any Viewing please note the following:
- During the viewing, please maintain a 2 metre distance with everyone present. If the property is not large enough to maintain this, we will work with you to ensure a “one in one out” policy.
- Because of social distancing there will be no physical contact.
- Our staff members will be wearing masks and gloves and will have brought hand sanitiser. Please make sure you do the same. If you forget, please do let us know and we will provide these for you. We will use hand sanitiser on arrival and at the end of the visit.
- The Vendor will leave the front door, and the door to the garden open. All internal doors to the property will be open as well as all light fittings to be switched on to enable ease of viewing. We ask that you do not touch any of the surfaces inside the property.
- If we are doing the viewing, we will ask that the Vendor and family leaves the property or stays in a separate room which they will leave when you wish to view that room.
- In order to keep contact to a minimum, our visits may seem a little short. Rest assured we will further our discussions afterwards over the telephone.
During any Market Appraisal please note the following:
- There are various options to begin the Market Appraisal process. If you do not want us to come to your home, we are able to offer Virtual and Desktop valuations (via FaceTime or something similar). We can then provide a rough valuation of the property. However, if you wish for a more in-depth market appraisal, we are able to visit your homes accordingly whilst following the government guidelines.
- Only one member of staff will arrive at the property, to ensure as little contact as possible. This staff member will of course be wearing a mask, gloves and will provide their own hand sanitiser. If you wish us to remove our shoes, or wear shoe covers, do let us know. We will use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure.
- We will maintain a 2-metre distance with everyone present and there will be no physical contact.
- In order to keep contact to a minimum, our visit will be kept brief. We will write down the information necessary to conduct a thorough valuation and will further our discussions with you on the phone afterwards.
Hopefully, these interactions will not last forever, and we are hoping to get back to normal as soon as possible.
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please any of our offices.
Stay Safe and Keep Well.